How to open an account in Bandhan Bank?: If you want to open an account with Bandhan Bank, you have come to the right place. This guide will explain how to open a savings account in Bandhan Bank online.
To begin with, you can open an account in Bandhan Bank both online and offline. However, in this guide, we will focus on the online method. Here are the steps you need to follow to open an account in Bandhan Bank online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Bandhan Bank at bandhanbank.com.
Step 2: On the top right corner of the home page, click on the three dots menu.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Personal’ option.
Step 4: Select ‘Savings Account’ from the options.
Step 5: Click the ‘Open an Account’ option under ‘Neo+ Digital Savings Account.’
Step 6: Click on the ‘Open Savings Account Now’ option.
Step 7: Enter your mobile number and tick “I am an Indian Citizen and a tax resident of India.” Click on Continue.
Step 8: Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and proceed.
Step 9: Enter your email address and click on continue.
Step 10: Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number, click on ‘Send OTP,’ and then ‘Proceed to Personal Details’ by ticking the button given below.
Step 11: Enter all your details correctly.
Step 12: Proceed to Income Details and enter the necessary details.
Step 13: Proceed to Nominee Details and enter all the details related to the nominee.
Step 14: After submitting all the information, click ‘Proceed to Review Page.’ If you need to change any details, you can do so by clicking on ‘Edit.’
Step 15: Add the desired amount to your account for account funding.
Once you have added the account balance, your account will be opened in Bandhan Bank. You can view your bank account number, IFSC code, and other details, which you can download in PDF and take a printout.
Bandhan Bank offers a variety of savings accounts to cater to the different needs of its customers. Here are the types of savings accounts offered by Bandhan Bank:
- Premium Savings Account: Account holders enjoy many privileges and premium services, such as fund transfer, phone banking, and checkbook facilities, that are free.
- Advantage Savings Account: Customers can take advantage of various benefits, including higher interest rates, increased transaction limits, and services like online banking and visiting any bank branch.
- Sanchay Savings Account: This enables customers to track their account balance through the internet and mobile banking.
- Standard Savings Account: This bank account offers customers high-interest rates, minimum balances, and various services.
- Special Savings Account: This is a particular account for people with disabilities. It provides banking services at meager fees, and account holders benefit from many services like mobile banking, home delivery of cash and check, and internet banking free of cost.
- GOS Savings Account: This account is designed for Central and State Government Departments. This bank account provides subsidies to the customers and has no minimum balance requirement. Under this account, customers get free demand drafts and internet banking facilities.
- TASC Savings Account: This account has been created for non-profit organizations. In this process, specialized services are provided for organizations related to trusts, associations, societies, clubs, etc.
- Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account: This account is for those who want to keep their account running without keeping any minimum amount in the report. The account holder is given a debit card free of cost.
To open an offline account in Bandhan Bank, visit your area’s nearest Bandhan Bank branch. Ask for an account opening form, which is provided free of cost. Fill in all the information correctly and attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar and PAN cards. Submit the form along with a minimum amount to the bank. After submitting the forms, the bank will call you on a specific day you can get your passbook.
Bandhan Bank offers attractive interest rates on savings accounts, as follows:
- Up to Rs. 1 lakh: 3% p.a.
- Above Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh: 5% p.a.
- Above Rs. 10 lakhs to Rs. 2 crores: 6% p.a.
- Above Rs. 2 crores to Rs. 10 crores: 5% p.a.
For any queries or assistance, customers can call Bandhan Bank’s toll-free number, 1800 258 8181, or customer care number, 033 4409 9090. They can also contact the bank via email at [email protected] or visit the head office at 033 6609 0909.